All county court money claims of less than £100,000.00 must be commence in the county court, via either, the county court Money Claims Centre or Money Claims OnLine (MCOL).

Personal injury claims of less than £50,000.00 must be commenced in the county court.

All different kinds of disputes can make up a county court claim, but the most common types of county court claims are listed below:

  • Money claims of up to £100,000.00;
  • Housing claims, including possession of residential and commercial properties and other landlord and tenant matters, such as eviction;
  • Bankruptcy and insolvency matters;
  • Personal injury claims;
  • Adverse possession claims, or claims against trespassers;
  • Claims involving a breach of contract;
  • Negligence claims, where a person has suffered a loss as a result of the actions of someone else;
  • Probate claims and other claims in relation to wills and trusts;
  • Consumer disputes;
  • Small claims (claims of less than £10,000.00).

Our expert team of county court solicitors at Francis Wilks & Jones are here to assist you with your county court questions. Our knowledge of the county court process is second to none having dealt with thousands of claims over the years. Our practical daily experience and legal expertise means that we can assist whatever the nature of your county court claim. Contact one of our expert friendly county court lawyers now for your confidential consultation. Don’t delay.

Case studies

View all case studies

Contact us in confidence