We have been helping directors successfully defend disqualification proceedings since 2002. In that time we have helped 100s of directors deal with the claims and get on with their lives. We can help find the best solution for you too.
The Company Director Disqualification Act 1986 covers the various different areas such as the following:
- director disqualification for general misconduct in connection with companies including
- disqualification for unfitness which covers
- the duty of the court to disqualify unfit directors of insolvent companies;
- disqualification orders or director disqualification undertakings;
- disqualification after investigation of the company;
- disqualification and various variation of the undertaking;
- other matters for determining unfitness of directors.
- disqualification in competition matters including competition director disqualification undertakings and investigations;
- disqualification for participation in wrongful trading;
- disqualification relating to bankruptcy;
- criminal penalties for director disqualification;
- how to apply for court permission to remain a director despite director disqualification undertaking;
- the register of director disqualification orders and undertakings.
The above are the main aspects of the Company Director Disqualification Act 1986 which apply to this area of the law.
At Francis Wilks & Jones we are expert director disqualification solicitors aware of all aspects of the Company Director Disqualification Act 1986. Our knowledge of the director disqualification proceedings enables us to give expert legal advice to our clients, whatever the situation.
FWJ exceeded my expectations by not only avoiding an order for my disqualification as a director but also negotiating a complete withdrawal of the prosecution. This has been such a relief and weight off my mind after many years and I am very grateful to them. I strongly recommend instructing them at the very earliest opportunity. Timely advice, realistic expectations, prioritisation and logical legal presentation were key.A company director we successfully defended against a director disqualification claim by the Registrar of Companies