A winding up order for non payment of taxes can be frightening. But there are always things which can be done - negotiated settlements, company restructuring, disputing the claim, seeking business funding or applying for a validation order as just some of the choices. Let our experts help.
Dismissal of an HMRC winding up petition from court is crucial for so many different reasons.
It is always dangerous for a company to leave the winding up petition on the court record even if the debt is paid as it may become public knowledge. If this happens
- the company bank account may be frozen by the bank;
- suppliers may refuse to work with the company;
- credit can dry up.
Get the petition dismissed early if the HMRC debt is paid
Even if a petition debt is paid in full, failure to then have it withdrawn from court can lead to drastic consequences. Other problems include the petition being supported by other creditors of the company which, if this snowballs, can still then lead to a winding up order being made and the company being put into liquidation.
Therefore, we always recommend if the winding up petition debt has been paid to the petitioner, that the winding up petition is dismissed from court as quickly as possible.
- this requires a court application being made and filed through the court e-filing system.
- Francis Wilks & Jones is fully linked up to the court system and we can get this application carried out very quickly indeed.
- it is always sensible to safeguard your company’s interests having dealt with the worst of the winding up petition by HMRC.
- we can help you through this winding up petition procedure and avoid a winding up order being made.
- we can also help you get a validation order to allow the company to continue trading safely without risk to the directors – and give you time to sort out the winding up petition debt.
Our team of winding up petition solicitors at Francis Wilks & Jones are the best in the country. We specialise in actin for companies facing a winding up order by HMRC. Our advice is fast, effective and highly effective. Contact one of our team of expert winding up petition and company rescue lawyers now for your initial consultation. Let us help.
One of the most astute appointments I have ever made.A Company Director