HomeFWJ TakeawayDebt recoveryEnforcementHow do I enforce a county court judgment or CCJ?

It is one thing getting a Judgment. It is another enforcing it and getting paid. Our team of experts know all the best enforcement options. Let us help you get your money.

There are various different ways to enforce a county court judgment or CCJ or collect money due under a county court order. If you have a county court judgment but the defendant hasn’t paid, you can enforce the county court order or CCJ as long as the time ordered for payment by the county court has passed. Before deciding which way is the most appropriate, it may be advisable to make enquiries and investigate what assets a judgment debtor has first.

This can be carried out in various ways, including:

  • applying to court for an order that the judgment debtor gives information / details about his financial affairs;
  • carrying out investigations using an enquiry agent;
  • inspecting the insolvency register for details of bankruptcy proceedings;
  • reviewing companies house data for example on company directors;
  • reviewing HM land registry to find out whether the judgment debtor owns property.

Following investigations and enquiries of the judgment debtor’s assets, we can provide tailored advice on the best way to collect the moneys due under the county court judgment or CCJ. This are varied and include:

Francis Wilks & Jones is the county’s leading firm of enforcement solicitors. We are genuine experts in what we do. Our knowledge of the relevant collection legislation combined with our day to day experience and team of experts makes us the No. 1 choice for companies in need of sound commercial advice.

Case studies

View all case studies

Contact us in confidence