The range for director disqualification is 2-15 years. Within this period, there are three distinct categories depending on the misconduct. We have successfully advised 100's directors since 2002, either getting claims dropped completely or having periods reduced substantially. Let us help you too.
Francis Wilks & Jones acted with great professionalism, responding quickly to my requirements, leading to an eventual withdrawal of the claim against me and my son. I am extremely gratefulA client who approached us just two weeks before the trial of a large director disqualification claim against him and his son
Three different time categories for disqualification
Director disqualification has three distinct bands:
- a lower category of 2-5 years – this largely relates to reckless or negligent conduct as a director;
- a mid category of 6-10 years – this is classed as serious, and relates to conduct which is more directly prejudicial to the public interest; and
- the highest category of 11-15 years – this conduct is the most serious and generally relates to fraudulent or otherwise serious (sometimes criminal) behaviour.
Which period could you end up in?
In terms of which category a director might end up in depends very much on the “gravity” of the offence and subjective matters such as
- the losses of the company;
- the value of creditors’ claims;
- any evidence of a deliberate intention to defraud creditors (or any other members of the public); and
- the degree of documentary evidence in support of such allegations and any breaches of other regulations (for example financial services breaches).
Please contact one of our experienced director disqualification solicitors now for your confidential consultation. At Francis Wilks & Jones, we have all director disqualification experience needed to deal with any type of director disqualification problem. Alternatively, look at our website and the many different director disqualification examples of cases where we have successfully helped our clients.
If there was ever a star rating for law firms, Francis Wilks & Jones would score five stars plus. Professional and pro-active, they were able to understand my problem quickly, provide expert advice, outline a solution and put it into place with a successful outcome. I should have gone to them soonerA client we successfully defended in director disqualification and insolvency related proceedings