HomeFWJ TakeawayEnforcing a judgmentCounty court judgmentsHow to serve a county court judgment

If you need help with enforcement of judgments - we have the team for you. Call us today for a friendly consultation.

If the CCJ is not complied with and the person or company fails to make payment of the monies within the time frame specified on the county court judgment or CCJ, then it will be up to the judgment creditor (the person to whom the money is owed) to try to recover the money owed to them by a number of different “enforcement” methods.

  • the court will not instigate any enforcement of the CCJ or county court judgment by themselves.
  • it will require the judgment creditor to make separate applications to the court depending on which methods of enforcement these choose to adopt.

A CCJ or county court judgment can be a forthwith judgment or a judgment by instalments. With a forthwith CCJ, the court normally orders a party to pay a specified sum of money by a specified time (normally 14 days).

With a judgment by instalments, the court orders payment of the judgment debt, but over a specified number of instalments. These types of CCJ’s or county court judgments are more common where a party has admitted the debt but requested that they pay in instalments.

Francis Wilks & Jones is the country’s leading firm of county court solicitors. We are leading experts in what we do and have great experience of county court judgments and CCJ’s. Our knowledge of the relevant county court legislation combined with our day to day experience and team of experts makes us the No.1 choice for companies in need of sound practical and commercial advice.

Case studies

View all case studies

Contact us in confidence