Do you need help issuing a claim at the county court? Our brilliant team issue 1000's cases a year - and can give you the quick and effective advice you need. Don't waste time and effort getting it wrong - speak to us today.
To use MCOL, you will need to register on the website and obtain a password to be able to use the system.
However – we can take the hassle out of this process – our superb debt recovery team has all the access needed to help you issue your claim.
In order to be able to make a claim via MCOL, you and your claim must comply with all the following:
- Your county court claim is for a fixed amount no more than £100,000.00
- Your county court claim is against no more than two persons or organisations and all defendants are aged 18 or older
- The defendant is based in England or Wales and has a valid postcode
- You must also be based in England or Wales and be aged 18 or older
- You must have a credit or debit card to pay the court fee online
- You need a valid email address
If any of the following apply, then you will need to use the county court money claims centre (CCMCC) to issue a claim on paper, instead of MCOL:
- You are getting any help paying your county court fees (e.g. you are on income support) or are receiving legal aid
- You are suing for personal injury or support
- You are suing the government
- You are suing a landlord under the tenancy deposit scheme
- The defendant lacks “mental capacity”
- The court has prevented you from using the court to make claims because you harass others through court cases, i.e. you are a “vexatious litigant”
One of the main advantages of issuing a claim via money claims online, is that there is a saving on the county court claim issue fee, as opposed to issuing a paper claim. The savings are set out in the following table:
Value of claim – Paper issue fee – MCOL issue fee3
Up to £300.00 – £35.00 – £25.00
£300.01 to £500.00 – £50.00 – £35.00
£500.01 to £1,000.00 – £70.00 – £60.00
£1,000.01 to £1,500.00 – £80.00 – £70.00
£1,500.01 to £3,000.00 – £115.00 – £105.00
£3,000.01 to £5,000.00 – £205.00 – £185.00
£5,000.01 to £10,000.00 – £455.00 – £410.00
£10,000.01 to £100,000.00 – 5% of the claim value – 4.5% of the claim value
Claims over £100,000 cannot be issued via money claims online (MCOL)
Our expert team of county court solicitors at Francis Wilks & Jones are here to help you with any type of county court enquiry or question. Contact one of our team of expert friendly county court lawyers now for your confidential county court consultation. Whatever your county court requirements, we are the experts to help you. Call us now. Let us help.