I am an experienced commercial litigator and have successfully acted for claimants and defendants in both the High and county courts.
I am direct, thorough and responsive, always seeking to deliver on my promises and mindful of managing my clients’ objectives.
I pride myself on actively listening to what clients want to achieve, dealing with their issues in a commercially holistic manner and coming up with new, commercially driven solutions.
My expertise includes:
- advising SMEs, directors and shareholders on a broad range of corporate governance issues, including director disqualification, insolvency claims, prosecutions by Companies House and shareholder disputes
- supporting SMEs, directors and private individuals on various commercial disputes
- assisting insolvency practitioners on contentious insolvency issues
My recent highlights include:
- advising various insolvency practitioners on contentious insolvency issues
- successfully obtaining Section 17 leave for a musical theatre producer
- advising and assisting a football player in CAS and on a UK freezing injunction which was subsequently discharged by the court with indemnity costs awarded against the other side
- advising and assisting numerous SME directors and sports people in relation to liquidator claims, including negotiations and defences to trial
- advising and assisting joint trustees of an insolvent deceased’s estate in an application to challenge the remuneration and expenses of former liquidators
- director disqualification proceedings, including negotiations, associated litigation and proceedings through to trial, including all strategic aspects to protect client directors, either pre-action or during proceedings
Having instructed Stephen, Carly and Tom in regards to a dispute in my capacity as trustee of a bankrupt estate, I would, without hesitation, recommend their services to other IPs. They are not only very technically able but also commercially minded and personable lawyers.Nick Wood, Partner at Grant Thornton
A big thank you to Tom and Carly for an amazing outcome and their very focused efforts. Their expertise, persistence and patience ensured success. My family and I can finally breath again and we see a free runway ahead of us!A director who was facing disqualification that Carly and Tom helped to remain as a director
I am more than happy with the service. Carly did a great job.A director who was facing an investigation by the Insolvency Service which was subsequently dropped
Carly Moore-Martin negotiated with HMRC to address a significant debt issue. She has worked both quickly and efficiently to resolve the matter in the most commercial way possible. She set aside all my fears from the outset and was diligent, precise and really on top of everything. I would recommend her to anyone and cannot praise her enough.A company director