I am a dispute resolution solicitor specialising in contentious insolvency matters. I regularly act for individuals, company director/shareholders and insolvency practitioners.
My expertise includes:
- Bringing and defending claims made pursuant to the Insolvency Act 1986 and/or Companies Act 2006.
- Acting for director/shareholders of SMEs involved in boardroom disputes.
- Acting for liquidators and administrators to assist with the recovery of funds into insolvent estates.
- Advising clients on the benefits of alternative dispute resolution, such as mediation, in order to settle disputes commercially to avoid incurring the costs of trial.
My experience includes:
- Acted on behalf of the defendants to a £20m claim made pursuant to s.423 Insolvency Act 1986 by a bank based in the UAE.
- Successfully applied to annul a bankruptcy order in circumstances whereby the bankrupt had failed to respond to a statutory demand or bankruptcy petition.
- Settled a dispute between three shareholders in a firm of surveyors at mediation, avoiding the need for a trial.
- Successfully brought proceedings against a director and shadow director of a company in liquidation pursuant to s.212 Insolvency Act.