I advise banks and financial institutions on both transactional and dispute resolution matters with a particular focus on the asset based lending sector.
Having worked for both a bank-led and an independent asset based lender for four years before training as a solicitor, overseeing the take-on of new clients in transactions involving multi-asset financing worth £250,000 – £15,000,000, I fully understand the importance of providing clients with practical, proactive and commercial legal advice.
I am calm under pressure, thorough and approachable. I’m also adept at taking a step back to look at the bigger picture and clients really appreciate this.
My expertise includes:
- assisting asset based lending clients with the take-on of their new clients, specialising in transactions involving invoice finance
- advising asset based lending clients on any legal or commercial risks associated with new debtor contracts to assist with their underwriting processes
- assisting both claimants and defendants in relation to all aspects of commercial dispute resolution, from pre-action through to trial
- litigating all types of debt recovery claim within England and Wales
- acting for lenders and other asset based lending clients in contentious matters, including the enforcement of security against guarantors
My highlights include:
- assisting and advising an asset based lender with the take-on of a new client involving a £3,000,000 multi-asset refinance within five days of instruction
- successfully appealing a Football Association (FA) decision to decline a local football club’s ground grading application within the FA’s Disciplinary Regulation Framework. The successful appeal secured the club’s promotion to the English football league system for the first time in its 100-year history
- acting for various lenders and SMEs on a broad range of commercial disputes involving ongoing litigation