I advise companies and individuals in commercial disputes, adopting a no-nonsense yet practical approach to litigation.
I’m determined to achieve the best outcome for clients as early as possible and with minimal cost, regularly resulting in favourable settlements without the need for trial.
My expertise includes:
- commercial litigation, including breach of contract claims, director/shareholder disputes, professional negligence, and joint venture disputes
- contentious insolvency, including acting on behalf of liquidators in claims brought against directors (antecedent transactions/misfeasance) and acting on behalf of directors in defending the same
- property disputes, including defending claims related to breaches of leasehold covenants.
My experience includes:
- defending various accusations of breaches under the Companies Act (2006) and poor performance by director; negotiating the sale of his shares and his resignation as director avoiding the need for court proceedings
- ensuring that the construction of a significant development in Europe was not interrupted following a dispute over the validity of a payment on demand clause in a funding loan agreement (worth over £100m)
- preventing a very high net worth client’s rare and private car collection worth over £20m being sold at auction by receivers following a default on a loan repayment
- dismissing a bankruptcy petition issued by HMRC for £300,000 (plus interest and penalties) in respect of undeclared taxable income and negotiating a favourable settlement to prevent the client’s home from being sold
- obtaining an emergency injunction for a client against a former employee for various forms of misconduct, and achieving a favourable settlement following issue of the claim ensuring that the client’s business interests were protected
- obtaining a money judgment on behalf of a lender against a guarantor, recovering costs on an indemnity basis, and obtaining an order for the possession of property
- striking out a claimant’s claim with costs awarded to the client and avoiding the need for the claim to proceed to trial
- previously working at HMRC within their Strategic Litigation department which dealt with high value and complex matters
I am a member of R3, the trade association for UK insolvency and restructuring professionals.
Introducing clients to (and working in collaboration with) Lefteris is a true privilege. With Lefteris by their side, clients can rest assured that their cases are guided by an astute legal intellect, intricate understanding of the facts and an unwavering commitment to achieving optimal outcomes. He is also a seriously nice guy.A Director of a Consultancy Firm