I have wide experience in all aspects of commercial dispute resolution, including professional negligence claims. I handle varied, complex and often high-value disputes for individuals and companies across different industries, with particular expertise in the banking and financial institution sector. I advise clients at all stages of a dispute, from strategy formulation and challenge avoidance through to implementation and eventual proceedings. I can also guide them on alternative methods of dispute resolution and have taken part in many mediations.
I am inquisitive, thorough and always willing to assist. Clients tell me that I am easy to get along with and very approachable. They also appreciate my understanding of their commercial needs and ability to provide quick and cost-effective advice which will achieve the best possible result.
I have many years’ experience:
- assisting both claimants and defendants in relation to all aspects of commercial dispute resolution from pre-action through to trial
- litigating all types of debt recovery claims within the UK, with specialist knowledge of the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998
- acting for lenders and other ABL clients in contentious matters, including the enforcement of security against guarantors and the administration of large scale collect-outs of sales ledgers
- acting for claimants in professional negligence claims against solicitors, accountants and surveyors
My highlights include:
- recovering hundreds of thousands of pounds of late payment interest and compensation on behalf of various clients who have been forced to pursue claims when invoices were persistently paid late and outside agreed payment terms
- acting for an individual in relation to a professional negligence claim against her solicitors in connection with a conveyancing transaction where monies were intercepted by a third party
- acting for a company in defending a public interest winding up petition
- successfully defending a claim bought by a high street bank against a vulnerable customer in relation to a personal guarantee they were seeking to enforce against her
- defending a charity against a claim for breach of contract in relation to the provision of IT services, which was settled at mediation
Mark is polite, patient and supportive. He made me genuinely hopeful that I could make something positive out of the horrible situation I was in. While it was painful to relive the situation during the case, he always did his upmost to ensure that the actions I needed to take were clear and straightforward – I absolutely could not have done it without him and couldn’t be more appreciative.A private client Mark assisted with a professional negligence claim against a firm of solicitors