I have over 30 years’ experience as a finance lawyer advising lender, financier and borrower clients on a range of secured lending issues, including asset finance, commercial finance and insolvency.
I am responsive and solutions focused and I aim to deliver a pragmatic and commercial result for clients as quickly and cost-effectively as possible.
I regularly act for:
- asset based lenders and other finance providers, advising on the provision and amendment of secured and unsecured invoice finance and loan facilities, inter creditor agreements and deeds of priority and the taking and discharging of security over borrower and guarantor assets, including real property
- insolvency practitioners in connection with the disposal and realisation of assets in the insolvent estate, in particular real property and advising on the validity of their appointment
- individuals, in their capacities as directors, shareholders or members of companies and LLPs, assisting them to arrive at settlements of disputes that have arisen with co-directors or shareholders or in connection with the insolvency of their companies
My recent experience includes:
- advising a corporate borrower on the terms of a loan being offered under the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS), enabling the client to take effective steps to protect the future of its business
- preparing template security documents for a lender providing loans to SPVs for property acquisition and development, so that successive lending transactions can be completed efficiently
- dealing with the sale at auction of business premises by administrators to maximise the value of the insolvent estate for the benefit of creditors
- preparing the terms of a settlement agreement for a former company director in respect of claims brought by the liquidator of the company, to enable the client to limit his liability and continue to act as a director in future