I specialise in general commercial and insolvency litigation and have a strong track record acting for both defendants and claimants in the UK and abroad.
I take pride in my work and am often complimented on my methodical and efficient approach. I endeavour to go above and beyond to achieve the best possible commercial outcome for each and every client. My calm nature enables me to guide them through what are often difficult and stressful situations.
Clients frequently remark on my professional yet personable and responsive manner and my ability to deliver commercial and practical advice tailored to each client’s individual needs.
I regularly advise and act for:
- SMEs, directors and former directors on matters arising out of director disqualification claims, defending liquidator claims and enquiries by HMRC relating to Personal Liability Notices (for NIC and Income Tax (PAYE)), including appeals in the First-tier Tax Tribunal
- insolvency office holders, creditors and other stakeholders on disputes arising out of corporate insolvency
- one shareholder or a group of shareholders acting together caused by shareholder disputes, particularly unfair prejudice petitions under section 994 of the Companies Act 2006 and dealing with the management of exit strategies
- high net worth individuals relating to property litigation disputes, for example claims in relation to disputes arising from equitable accounting and beneficial interests in properties
My highlights include:
- successfully defending multiple directors facing court proceedings under the Company Director disqualification Act 1986 and/or discontinuing any proceedings against them by the Insolvency Service
- successfully obtaining a £2m judgment against a former accountant in relation to an international fraud case by directors of a property company, including successfully issuing an ex-parte injunction for a worldwide freezing order
- acting for the high profile shareholders group action against the Royal Bank of Scotland relating to the £12 billion rights issue in 2008, from pre-action to issue of proceedings
- acting for UK based sellers in respect of a £2m share sale agreement with a Chinese company
- obtaining a freezing injunction and successfully recovering the sum of £500,000 against an international client’s former partner
- obtaining judgement for several million pounds on behalf of the insolvency practitioner/liquidator of a company on unlawful directors’ loans/breach of directors’ duties/transactions at an undervalue action against several directors
- successfully restoring various companies’ names to the Register of Companies under section 1029 of the Companies Act 2006 in order to assist the liquidators of those companies
- successfully defending multiple winding up petitions, including a petition debt by HMRC for £3.5m and issuing applications for validation orders on an urgent basis
I received a first class service from Shevy due to her extensive knowledge and sound strategy. She is calm, very responsive, professional and supportive. Shevy will help you achieve the best possible commercial outcome.Tony Smith, company director
Shevy assisted me with a company related matter. She was excellent from our very first phone call. She was always prompt, understood my business needs and navigated me through a challenging period. I would highly recommend her to any director/shareholder of a company. She produced excellent results and I would not hesitate to use her expertise again. 10/10.Salim Adams, company director
Shevy is down to earth, solution-focused and an outstanding litigator. She always maintains high levels of service and is always able to provide exactly what I need. Shevy is a pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend her!James Varney, Senior Manager at Quantuma
Shevy assisted me with a company related matter. She was exceptional and guided me through what was a difficult and stressful period. I achieved the result I wanted against the odds.Matthew Grimm, company director
I chose Francis Wilks & Jones because they are specialists – I had been using a well-known City law firm who were doing an OK job but didn’t fill me with confidence, so I decided to switch. I’m glad I did: Shevy was excellent and got the result I wanted.Jeffrey Jenner, company shareholder