My 30 years of experience in a broad range of legal issues enables me to confidently advise clients on both the technical aspects of their matters and likely outcomes.
I’m not a solicitor but clients often comment on how much they like my approach. I’m pragmatic, personable and supportive, always endeavouring to put them at ease, conscious that not everyone is comfortable speaking with lawyers and that it can often be a stressful experience. I’m also openly commercial and strive to deliver the best possible result, whether that requires full litigation or an alternative method of resolution.
I regularly act for:
- SMEs, directors and shareholders on various corporate governance issues, including partnership disputes arising out of joint venture agreements where LLPs have been set up
- private individuals on complex commercial disputes, property disputes, insolvency related issues and professional negligence claims
- insolvency practitioners on a broad range of contentious insolvency matters
SME, director & shareholder highlights:
- a successful application to set aside two statutory demands with orders for costs in favour of our client, after which we were able to settle the claims on more favourable terms
- a successful application to set aside a judgment worth £2 million which put our client firmly back into the litigation and in a position to defend
- negotiating a full and final settlement deal for a client facing a liquidator claim worth in the region of £150,000 at a significantly reduced settlement
Private client highlights:
- successfully defending a private client facing a strike out from a large firm of solicitors against whom professional negligence proceedings had been issued
- obtaining an order for security for costs in excess of £300,000 on behalf of a private individual defending a claim
- recovering £80,000 from a beneficiary under a will who, it was discovered, was indebted to the deceased. This was a particularly sensitive matter as the claimant and defendant were brothers and the deceased was their mother
Insolvency practitioner highlights:
- currently acting for an insolvency practitioner on a professional negligence claim against other lawyers