I’m an Australian Qualified Associate in the United Kingdom and am admitted to practise in Queensland and the Commonwealth courts of Australia.
I pride myself on being clear and direct with my clients to help them make informed decisions about their matters.
I have significant experience in assisting companies and individuals on general commercial litigation matters, in property-related disputes, and insolvency. I am also well-versed in alternative dispute resolution practices, having represented a number of clients in mediations and settlement conferences.
I regularly act for:
- private individuals and companies in:
- prosecuting or defending claims for breach of contract and recovery of unpaid debts
- taking or retaking possession of land claims
- prosecuting or defending claims for negligence
- prosecuting or defending claims for fraudulent misrepresentation
- private individuals, directors, liquidators and administrators in prosecuting or defending applications for winding up, preference claims, voidable transactions and claims against directors for breaching their duties
- asset based lenders and other financial creditors in recovering debts from companies defaulting on their repayment obligations
Prior to moving to London and joining Francis Wilks & Jones, I was a litigation solicitor in Australia, maintaining daily carriage of matters at all stages of the disputes process, from taking initial instructions to preparing for trial. I would regularly appear in both State and Commonwealth courts.
I am fluent in Polish, conversational in Spanish and learning Russian.
A big thank you to Tom and Carly for an amazing outcome and their very focused efforts. Their expertise, persistence and patience ensured success. My family and I can finally breath again and we see a free runway ahead of us!A director who was facing disqualification that Tom and Carly helped to remain as a director