If you have suffered loss as a result of negligent advice from a professional, our team of experts can help. We successfully recover damages form a range of professional advisers, from solicitors to surveyors. Contact our friendly team today.
Where a trusted adviser makes a mistake which causes you loss, you have the option to pursue a professional negligence claim against your adviser. This can often feel like a daunting prospect given the need to appoint a new adviser, address the practical issues such as obtaining your file from the original adviser and assessing the likely costs of pursuing your professional negligence claim.
At Francis Wilks & Jones we have considerable experience in helping clients to navigate the steps required to pursue claims against negligent advisers. Whether the adviser was a Solicitor, Barrister, Licensed Conveyancer, Accountant, Financial Adviser or Surveyor, if you have suffered loss as a result of negligence, our team are here to help.
Grounds for pursuing a claim
When dissatisfied regarding an adviser’s service, you will need to establish whether you have grounds for pursuing a professional negligence claim. To pursue a professional negligence claim, you will need to show that:
- The adviser owed you a duty of care and failed to perform their responsibilities to the required standard. You may demonstrate this by showing that the adviser breached a term of their contract with you or by breaching a tortious, fiduciary or statutory duty owed to you:
- As a result of the adviser failing to perform to the required standard, you suffered loss:
- You took reasonable steps to mitigate your losses:
- The adviser has not reasonably and lawfully excluded liability for the loss suffered:
- You are not “out of time” for pursuing your claim under the Limitation Act 1980.
At Francis Wilks & Jones we have considerable experience in advising clients in relation to professional negligence claims. Contact our friendly team today for the expert help you need.