The specialist insolvency team at Francis Wilks & Jones is highly experienced in all aspects of personal insolvency and assist with the complex situations that can arise when an individual is facing or has been made bankrupt or is struggling financially.
Our specialist team has extensive experience assisting individuals with their personal liabilities as well as liabilities arising from a business such as sole traders and partners. We understand that each individual’s circumstances are different and as such, we work with individuals to take the most appropriate action depending on their circumstances.
Our team can help with the following
Bankruptcy petitions and annulments
We can assist with all aspects of bankruptcy petitions and annulments, including
- assisting individuals threatened with statutory demands and bankruptcy petitions;
- defending bankruptcy petitions and assisting with settlement of the debt with a creditor to prevent a bankruptcy order from being made;
- helping individuals who have had bankruptcy petitions presented against them by HMRC;
- dispute HMRC claims and the tax liability sought, including preparing evidence demonstrating that the debt is substantially disputed;
- exploring other alternatives available rather than formal bankruptcy, such as individual voluntary arrangements or debt relief orders;
- assisting individuals who have been made bankrupt;
- annulling or removing a bankruptcy order, for example because the bankruptcy order should not have been made in the first place or because the debts and expenses of the bankruptcy have either been paid or secured to the satisfaction of the court.
We also regularly provide expert assistance to individuals providing guidance on all claims brought by Trustees in Bankruptcy which include claims against the matrimonial home, income payment orders, and claims challenging transactions entered into by an individual before the Bankruptcy order was made.
Individual voluntary arrangements
If you need assistance with individual voluntary arrangements, our expert team can help. Alternatively, we have brilliant contacts in the industry who might also be able to assist.
If you have any questions regarding the service that we provide relating to personal insolvency matters, do not hesitate to contact one of our dedicated insolvency experts for an informal discussion.