It is possible to defend an HMRC winding up petition, but only with expert legal help. HMRC are well known for taking a tough approach with companies which owe them money. But our team of lawyers supported by an ex HMRC expert of 18 years can help you keep trading. We often negotiate settlements for companies and resolve the petition by consent.
Receiving an HMRC winding up petition can be a very frightening experience.
It is a very serious legal document and the failure to deal with it adequately can lead to a winding up order being made against you. If this happens, the HMRC will put you into formal liquidation and then investigations will be made into the company, the directors and managers by a liquidator often appointed by HMRC from a special panel.
Therefore, it is critical if at all possible to avoid a winding up order being made. In order to do this, you need to deal with the HMRC winding up petition as quickly as possible.
At Francis Wilks & Jones we can advise you in the following areas:
- arranging withdrawal of the winding up petition upon payment of the HMRC debt.
- negotiating repayment plans with the HMRC of the petition amount.
- applying for an injunction if the winding up petition debt is disputed.
- contacting restructuring experts and helping you restructure your company if it is unable to pay the HMRC debt.
- putting the company into administration as an alternative to formal liquidation.
- applying for a validation order to allow your company to continue trading safely;
- generally dealing with HMRC through our expert contacts and in-house expertise.
Whilst an HMRC winding up petition is a frightening document the key is not to panic but to deal with it calmly, take expert legal advice and act quickly. At Francis Wilks & Jones we can help you avoid the worst effects of an HMRC winding up petition and help avoid your company facing a winding up order.
Francis Wilks & Jones is the county’s leading firm of HMRC winding up petition solicitors. We are experts in what we do and regularly deal with HMRC on behalf of companies which have received winding up orders. We also provide other assistance such as validation orders and company rescue. Whatever your HMRC winding up petition enquiry, we can assist. Call now to speak to a friendly winding up petition adviser.