It is possible for a director to reduce the original period of disqualification by making an application to court. Our team can help you with these complex applications or explore other alternatives which might be more suitable for you - such as applying to court to become a director again despite being disqualified. Call us today for help.
One of the most astute appointments I have ever madeA company director we successfully defended against disqualification
We can help you reduce your period of disqualification undertaking in the right circumstances.
The court may, on the application of a person who is subject to a director disqualification undertaking,
- reduce the period for which the director disqualification undertaking is to be enforced; and
- if the reduced period has already passed, the disqualification is effectively at an end.
At FWJ we can assist you in this complex area of the law. The high court have indicated that a successful applicant must persuade the court of the unreasonableness of the period and that circumstances exist which would allow the court to revisit the director disqualification undertaking previously accepted by the Secretary of State.
At Francis Wilks & Jones we specialise in
- reviewing the merits of a claim generally to see if you have grounds to make an application;
- preparing detailed witness statements in support of an application to reduce the period of disqualification; and
- dealing with any evidence in response and attending the court hearing on your behalf.
Reducing a period of disqualification can have significant benefits for an individual. It can, for example, open up the possibility for that person to then seek the court’s permission to allow him/her to become a director again.
One of our friendly expert director disqualification solicitors can help with your director disqualification reduction enquiry. At Francis Wilks & Jones, we have all director disqualification experience needed to help you.
Over the ten years we have worked together, FWJ continue to achieve exceptional results year on year. Andy Wilks and the team have been a pleasure to work with and have always provided pragmatic, commercial and accurate advice on a wide range of matters. FWJ have become an integral part of our business and we cannot recommend them highly enough.A longstanding client whom we have advised on various matters