We act for a broad range of clients – developers, contractors, sub-contractors, consultants, purchasers, tenants and funds – on all aspects of the documentation used in construction projects, including building contracts, professional appointments, collateral warranties, bank and surety bonds, insurance issues and on the construction aspects of development, lease and funding agreements.
Our expertise and opinion in this specialist area have frequently been sought by the professional press and by leading publishers. We have written for construction, engineering and legal journals and were a key contributor to the 2004 reissue of Volume 5 (Building and Engineering Contracts) of the Encyclopedia of Forms and Precedents and to the 2006 reissue of Volume 38(1) and the 2007 reissue of Volume 38(3) (Sale of Land) of the same publication (LexisNexis Butterworths). More recently, we were a key contributor to the book entitled Delay Clauses in International Construction Projects, September 2010 and published by Kluwer.
We are members of the Society of Construction Law (SCL) and of the Technology and Construction Solicitors Association (TeCSA). We are also retained by the College of Law to teach construction master-classes to junior construction lawyers.
- Acting for a major lending institution lending £7m on a residential development comprising social and private housing.
- Acted for a JV Partner in respect of its involvement with the Lee Valley Sewage Replacement System during the tender period and post appointment of the JV as preferred bidder.
- Acted for a major lending institution on a £44m refinancing facility involving the development of 8 residential care homes.
- Acted for a specialist contractor engaged under an NEC3 contract with the Olympic Delivery Authority in respect of discrete elements of the contract, which concerned the contractor's intellectual property rights.
- Acted on behalf of a major bank lending funds to the developer of a mixed development scheme comprising the construction of three multi storey buildings incorporating 1,105 square metres of commercial space and 90 flats with car and cycle parking, amenity and public open space together with all associated works.
- Acted for the developer of a site in North London developing, on behalf of its tenant, a six storey hotel.
- Acted for the owners of a football club in respect of the development of a new all-seater football stadium together with associated external works car parking, coach parking, external concourse and landscaping plus associated statutory services supplies and connections.
- Acted for the developer of a site in central London worth £20m in construction spend to create an 18 storey mixed use development comprising residential units and Music College, using JCT design and build procurement.
- Acted for a company developing several retirement villages (Essex and West Sussex) which include cottages and units for the elderly together with bowling greens and landscaped grounds, communal facilities and ancillary services. All contractors, some of whom are major blue chip contractors on schemes which are fully funded, signed up to JCT building contracts with bespoke amendments. Dealing with all professional appointments and warranty issues for the bank.
- Acted for a joint venture company in respect of a forward funding project valued at £7m in connection with the first endoscopy centre of its kind at Celtic Springs business park in Wales.
- Acted for a company involved with the construction of photovoltaic plants and wind turbine farms in the renewable energy sector.
- Acted for Tubelines, the consortium which successfully bid for the Jubilee, Northern and Piccadilly lines of the Tube PPP, as part of a large team.
Our specialist team is here to help you. Call for your consultation now. Alternatively email us with your enquiry and we will call you back at a time convenient for you.