Where do you apply for a validation order?

An application for a validation order should be made to the same court that is dealing with the winding-up petition. For the High Court, the validation order application is made to the Registrar; for county courts, it is made to the District Judge.

In certain circumstances, the validation order application is made to the Judge:

1. Where it is urgent and no registrar or district judge is available to hear it;

2. Where it is complex or raises new or controversial points of law; or

3. The hearing is expected to last longer than 30 minutes

Contact an expert validation order & winding up petition solicitor now

Our expert team of winding up petition solicitors at Francis Wilks & Jones are here to help you with if you have been served with a winding up petition you might need a validation order to continue trading.  Contact one of our team of expert friendly winding up petition lawyers now for your free and confidential winding up petition consultation. Whatever your winding up petition requirements, we are the experts to help you. Call us now. Let us help.

I was very impressed with the service I received at Francis Wilks and Jones. It was extremely thorough, professional and speedy, and the fees were much more reasonable than the competition. We ended up going down a different path than initially anticipated, and they only charged me minimal fees. Highly recommended.

Maja S


I was greatly impressed with the commercial, tactical and technical ability of the team at FWJ. They quickly got to grips with a complex set of facts. Through their hard work they had the proceedings against me dropped and a significant proportion of my legal fees repaid. I couldn’t recommend them highly enough.