“Carly works quickly and efficiently, resolving matters in the most commercial way possible. She is diligent, precise and really on top of everything. I cannot praise her enough.”
A company director Carly assisted with a significant HMRC recovery and enforcement issue
Carly is an experienced commercial litigator and has successfully acted for claimants and defendants in both the High and county courts.
She is direct, thorough and responsive, always seeking to deliver on her promises and mindful of managing her clients’ objectives.
She prides herself on actively listening to what clients want to achieve, dealing with their issues in a commercially holistic manner and coming up with new, commercially driven solutions.
Carly’s expertise includes:
- advising SMEs, directors and shareholders on a broad range of corporate governance issues, including director disqualification, insolvency claims, prosecutions by Companies House and shareholder disputes
- supporting SMEs, directors and private individuals on various commercial disputes
- assisting insolvency practitioners on contentious insolvency issues
Her recent highlights include:
- advising various insolvency practitioners on contentious insolvency issues
- successfully obtaining Section 17 leave for a musical theatre producer
- advising and assisting a football player in CAS and on a UK freezing injunction which was subsequently discharged by the court with indemnity costs awarded against the other side
- advising and assisting numerous SME directors and sports people in relation to liquidator claims, including negotiations and defences through to trial
- advising and assisting joint trustees of an insolvent deceased’s estate in an application to challenge the remuneration and expenses of former liquidators
- director disqualification proceedings, including negotiations, associated litigation and proceedings through to trial, including all strategic aspects to protect client directors, either pre-action or during proceedings