Roxanne is a solicitor in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution team at Francis Wilks & Jones.
She is mainly involved in handling high value construction and engineering disputes and specialises in claims against the NHBC. Roxanne deals with cases of varying complexity, pursuing them from the pre-action stage through to trial. She is a keen advocate in the use of alternative dispute resolution and has successfully assisted clients in without prejudice negotiations and mediations.
- Acting for a notable renewable energy client in relation to a dispute referred to Expert Determination under IChemE against a developer to recover unpaid fees for the construction of an anaerobic digestion plant
- Advising an employer concerning Technology and Construction Court enforcement proceedings involving an adjudication decision in the sum of £180k and acting in relation to Final Account negotiations
- Representing an employer in relation to a series of adjudication proceedings including the making of numerous jurisdictional challenges resulting in the successful forcing of resignations by adjudicators
- Advising a homeowner in relation to a successful £1million claim against the main developer and NHBC arising from defective basement works
- Involved in numerous claims in the Technology and Construction Court acting successfully for a range of clients including main contractors and sub-contractors in relation to claims for loss and expense and defects
- Acting for a client in relation to a claim for defective concrete flooring under collateral warranties
- Acting for a range of clients in various adjudications, particularly in respect of resolving complex payment disputes
Roxanne is a member of the Adjudication Society, which promotes the resolution of construction disputes by means of adjudication.
She also has experience in acting for a range of clients from banks to small businesses and private individuals in various contentious matters such as commercial contracts, professional negligence and commercial debt recovery.
Outside work, Roxanne enjoys travelling and experiencing different cultures and cuisines.