Shevy joined FWJ’s litigation team in September 2016.
Prior to joining FWJ, Shevy trained at a niche firm specialising in insolvency and commercial litigation.
Shevy advises both private and commercial clients.
Her recent experience includes:
- Acting for successful Claimant in relation to the liquidator’s claim for an unlawful director’s loan account, misfeasance, breach of directors duties and transactions at an undervalue. The liquidator was successful at trial in relation to all his claims against the directors and achieved judgment in excess of £500,000.
- Acting for successful Defendant against joint liquidators regarding directions as to the appropriate method of dealing with (including selling) stock of wine with an estimated value of £14million.
- Advising Claimant in relation to liquidator’s debt claim in excess of £450,000, including a Part 8 claim to successfully restore debtor Company to the Registrar of Companies.
- Advising both bankrupts and trustees in bankruptcy on the realisation of bankruptcy assets from pre-action to conclusion, including settlement negotiations.
- Advising directors of their duties, including assistance with the Official Receiver.
- Acting successfully for both Claimants and Defendants in relation to shareholders disputes, including an unfair prejudice claim under section 994 of the Companies Act 2006.
- Successfully obtaining a freezing injunction on behalf of the Claimant in relation to recovery of her debt claim against former partner.
- Acting for successful Claimant regarding its breach of contract claim in excess of $500,000 relating to the delivery of aeroplane components.
In her spare time, Shevy enjoys playing netball, baking cakes and spending time with friends and family, particularly her nephew.