"Tom is an absolute pleasure to work with. He is professional, efficient and technically excellent. He is practical and makes dealing with difficult matters so much easier. I would recommend Tom to any IP without hesitation."
Louise Brittain, Partner at Wilkins Kennedy
Tom is an Australian Qualified Associate in the United Kingdom and is admitted to practise in Queensland and the Commonwealth Courts of Australia.
He prides himself on being clear and direct with his clients to help them make informed decisions about their matters.
Tom has significant experience in assisting companies and individuals on general commercial litigation matters, in property-related disputes, and insolvency. He is also well-versed in alternative dispute resolution practices, having represented a number of clients in mediations and settlement conferences.
He regularly acts for:
- private individuals and companies in:
- prosecuting or defending claims for breach of contract and recovery of unpaid debts
- taking or retaking possession of land claims
- prosecuting or defending claims for negligence
- prosecuting or defending claims for fraudulent misrepresentation
- private individuals, directors, liquidators and administrators in prosecuting or defending applications for winding up, preference claims, voidable transactions and claims against directors for breaching their duties
- asset based lenders and other financial creditors in recovering debts from companies defaulting on their repayment obligations
Prior to moving to London and joining Francis Wilks & Jones, Tom was a litigation solicitor in Australia, maintaining daily carriage of matters at all stages of the disputes process, from taking initial instructions to preparing for trial. He would regularly appear in both State and Commonwealth Courts.
Tom is fluent in Polish, conversational in Spanish and learning Russian.