Many SMEs have to deal with claims against them during their trading life. It is vital to deal with these properly and avoid wasting unnecessary time an expense. Our superb team has successfully defended many hundreds of claims on behalf of SMEs over the years. Let us help you.
County court and high court claims
The types of claims we have acted on include defending the more traditional claims in the county court and high court, assisting with the drafting of a defence, and if necessary, defending the case through to trial. We are also keen advocates in settling claims for our clients when the circumstances are right – and are very experienced in conducting both informal and formal settlement negotiations and meetings.
Statutory demands and winding up petitions
We are also very well versed in defending insolvency-based claims such as statutory demands or winding up petitions.
- quick and decisive action is always vital in these types of cases due to the severe consequences and outcomes if you fail to respond properly;
- whether it is making an application to set aside the statutory demand or threatening or obtaining an injunction to prevent the issuing or advertising of a winding up petition, we have the team of experts at Francis Wilks & Jones able to assist.
Other types of applications
We can also assist on other types of action, including
- setting aside judgments;
- dealing with the high court enforcement officer;
- defending third party debt orders; and
- dealing with applications for charging orders.
Whatever your concerns, do not hesitate to contact us for further advice. Our friendly team would be delighted to help you.