Our specialist team at Francis Wilks & Jones has over 20 years’ experience advising clients on statutory demand situations. Whether you are an individual or company, defending or disputing a demand or looking to draft and serve one, our combined experience makes us the right choice for you.
Issuing a statutory demand
We can assist with all aspects of using a statutory demand for debt recovery purposes including advice on the following:
- the statutory demand procedure and making sure you avoid making common mistakes.
- the minimum debt amount a statutory demand can be used for.
- how to ensure proper service of statutory demands on individuals and companies.
- statutory demands time limits.
- the difference between individual statutory demands and company statutory demands.
- general debt recovery strategy and whether a statutory demand is the right option for you.
- the difference between using a statutory demand rather than a traditional County Court claim.
- what to do if you already have a security in place for the debt.
- statutory demand costs.
- how to react if a statutory demand is defended or disputed or you receive a set aside application.
What to do if you have received a statutory demand
If you are served with a statutory demand – it is vital to act quickly. Our expert team regularly advises individual and companies who have received a statutory demand on the following:
- set aside applications to get the statutory demand removed;
- what to do if you are a company who has received a statutory demand in order to avoid a winding up petition, including obtaining a court injunction;
- dealing with disputed statutory demands;
- statutory demand time limits – when to respond;
- negotiating settlement of an outstanding debt in order to avoid either bankruptcy petition or winding up proceedings being issued;
- company rescue or personal insolvency advice if you are having difficulty paying the debt.
General advice on statutory demands
Our team can also advises on many other aspects of statutory demands including
- use of statutory demands for foreign debt;
- how long statutory demands last;
- statutory demands by HMRC;
- winding up proceedings; and
- statute barred debts which can’t be collected by use of a statutory demand.
Do not hesitate to contact our expert statutory demand team at Francis Wilks & Jones. Whatever your enquiry, we have it covered. Come to the experts. Experience of dealing with 1,000’s of statutory demands since 2002 makes us the country’s leading statutory demand experts.