Our team has dealt with thousands of winding up petition cases since we started business in 2002. With over 75 years' combined experience under our belts - we have the expertise to help, whatever your situation. Call one of our team today.
Dealing with and defending a winding up petition served on your company
It is crucial to act quickly in this situation – otherwise the company can be wound up and directors left facing personal claims. Our brilliant team can assist with the following:
- what to do if you receive a winding up petition;
- negotiating settlement of an admitted winding up petition debt;
- arranging a winding up petition adjournments to give time to resolve the claim;
- dealing with withdrawal or dismissal of winding up petition from the court;
- Dealing with the threat of advertisement in the London Gazette;
- dealing with HMRC winding up petitions;
- dealing with frozen bank account situations and applying for court validation orders to allow the company to continue trading;
- dealing with disputed winding up petition debt situations including court injunctions to stop the issue or advertisement of the petition;
- advising directors generally on their duties if there are company solvency issues;
- dealing with company rescue situations and alternatives to formal liquidation.
Issuing a winding up petition for debt recovery
Our team can help you use petitions for debt recovery purposes and advise with the following:
- how to draft and issue a winding up petition;
- service requirements of winding up petitions;
- risk of using petitions for debt recovery purposes;
- general winding up petition procedure;
- adjournments and extending the court hearing date;
- negotiating payment in full and withdrawal of winding up petition from court;
- dealing with / recovering legal costs;
- winding up petition advertisement;
- dealing with supporting creditors;
- drafting winding up petition and supporting statements;
- preparation for the winding up court petition hearing including filing of documents;
- dealing with defended or disputed winding up petitions;
- what happens after a company is wound up; and
- how the Corporate Insolvency Governance Act and Covid-19 restrictions have affected the use of winding up petitions.
“Extremely thorough, professional and speedy, and the fees were much more reasonable than the competition. Highly recommended.”
A private client we assisted with issuing a winding-up petition to recover debts
Whatever your winding up petition questions or concerns, our brilliant team is here to advise. We have been successfully dealing with winding up petitions since 2002 – and have a combined experience of over 75 years in our team with petition experience.
Whether it is use of petitions for debt recovery, dealing with defended or disputed situations, needing wider company rescue and restructuring advice or dealing directly with HMRC related issues, our brilliant team is here to help. We have every aspect covered just contact us today and we will find the right person to deal with your situation.
SMEs, directors & shareholders
Obtaining a validation order to unfreeze a construction company’s bank account and have a winding up petition dismissed
Our client, a construction and building company, had been unknowingly pursued by HMRC for minimal liabilities: the company's accountants had failed to notify them...
29 Apr 2021
2 minute read