It is important for anyone facing the threat of disqualification to understand the consequences of a director ban. Our team has been advising directors on this since 2002. We can help reduce risk. Call today.
Director Disqualification Consequences
Where a director has been disqualified by court order or by offering a disqualification undertaking then they are prohibited from acting in the management of a limited liability company or partnership, unless they have obtained permission to act from the court.
For some individuals, disqualification as a director will have only a limited impact on their lives – many will return to employed work, may set up an unincorporated business (which can also be done through an unincorporated partnership) or it may just be a good time to retire. But for others, it might have a major impact.
Matters to be concerned about
Following a director ban, the individual concerned might be affected as follows:
- damage to reputation. The director ban is public knowledge and can impact on an individual’s hard won reputation or standing in the local community
- inability to work in management or as a director without permission of the court. This can potentially spell the end of a business career
- potential personal liability to repay company losses via a Compensation Order
- difficulty obtaining finance / credit rating issues
- exposure to criminal sanctions if the disqualification order is breached
- potential for related liquidator claims to be made – the prospects of these can be enhanced if a disqualification order is made.
How we can help
We can guide you through the potential risks involved with a disqualification – and help you reduce the risks. We have helped many directors since 2002 avoid the worst consequences of a disqualification and help them get on with their lives. Let us help you too.
At Francis Wilks & Jones, we can assist in navigating you to a more risk-free destination if you are facing disqualification. We have considerable experience of director disqualification proceedings and advising directors on the benefits and risks of being disqualified and the steps you may take to best limit such consequences.
I would strongly recommend using FWJ for director disqualification matters. Tactically and commercially they played it just right and I am now able to get on with my business life without the worry of disqualification hanging over me.A director we defended against a disqualification claim
Helping a director of a $600m worldwide group of companies stop the issue of disqualification proceedings and get the claims dropped
Our client was chairman of a worldwide group of companies with an estimated turnover of $600 million. He was faced with almost certain director disqualification...