Our team at Francis Wilks & Jones is renowned for providing high quality advice to directors and business owners. Running a business always has its challenges, irrespective of its size, nature and make-up. Whatever situation or issue you face, our team will have the experience to assist. Don't settle for second best. Call the experts today.
“One of the most astute appointments I have ever made.”A company director we successfully defended against disqualification
Our team regularly advises directors on many types of claims. Claims from sources across the commercial spectrum.
- we regularly advise our director clients in claims by HMRC against a director / former director for the company’s tax liabilities
- our team has helped 100s directors defend such claims by liquidators and administrators
- the claims by shareholders of the company can be for any unfair prejudice or losses by the company (and therefore its shareholders) or any mismanagement which does not align with the agreement between shareholders. Our solicitors can help in this case
- claims by the Registrar of Companies and Companies House are made against directors in the criminal courts in respect of the breach of a company’s various statutory filing obligations. Our expert team has defended many directors in the Magistrates court
Our team is the country’s leading set of legal advisers when it comes to director disqualification proceedings.
These can be against any person who was (or is alleged to have been) a director by:
- the Secretary of State (acting via the Insolvency Service) following a company insolvency
- the court for certain types of Companies House filing contravention, criminal conduct generally and for competition infringements
Other general claims against directors
We deal with other general claims against directors. These can include personal common law claims by individuals trading with the company (where the corporate veil may be pierced). Frequently, particularly following insolvency, a director can be faced by both claims from the appointed liquidator or administrator and enquiries by the Insolvency Service with a view to seeking an order that a director be disqualified. In a perfect world it would be wise for any director to plan against such eventualities.
However, it is not a perfect world and our commercial law team at Francis Wilks & Jones is here to help. We fully understand that the law often does not acknowledge the stress of business (particularly small businesses) and the inability for a director to make the perfect decision in every circumstance.
Whether it is simply putting your mind at rest that there is nothing to be concerned about; or dealing with an actual or threatened claim.
Director dispute solicitors
Should you require any assistance, please contact a member of our director services team and we can help you today. Whatever your situation, we have almost certainly seen it before and our experience can help you find the solution you need.
If there was ever a star rating for law firms, Francis Wilks & Jones would score five stars plus. Professional and pro-active, they were able to understand my problem quickly, provide expert advice, outline a solution and put it into place with a successful outcome. I should have gone to them soonerA client we successfully defended in director disqualification and insolvency related proceedings