If a winding up order is made, then a lot of negative consequences flow from it. A liquidator is appointed and will investigate how the company was run and might bring personal claims against the directors. The Secretary of State might commence director disqualification proceedings and bring claims for compensation orders too. Since 2002, our team has helped 100's directors in similar situations. Let us help you too.
If an HMRC winding up order is made the following will happen
- a liquidator will be appointed over the company. A liquidator is the office holder of a company which has entered into formal insolvency and his/her job is to review the company affairs, look at the documents, make investigations and also try and obtain payments of monies back into the company.
- former directors or managers of the company can play no part in the business anymore but can face personal claims against them if any wrongdoing is found by the liquidator as part of the investigations following the winding up order. They might also face director disqualification claims.
Try and avoid a winding up order
It is always best to try and avoid a form of winding up order being made. There are ways of doing this even when faced with difficulties with the HMRC. At Francis Wilks & Jones we are experts in dealing with the HMRC and all matters relating to winding up orders. It may be that you
- need to apply for an injunction to restrain advertisement of the petition;
- need the assistance of a restructuring expert;
- you may just need our assistance negotiating a repayment plan with the HMRC to avoid the worst effects of a winding up petition;
- you might need a validation order to keep trading whilst you sort things out.
If possible, you really do need to avoid a winding up order being made and we are the experts who can help you in this matter.
Please contact one of our team now for your informal consultation. At Francis Wilks & Jones, we have in depth winding up petition experience and deal regularly with HMRC on behalf of companies facing winding up orders. We have the skills to handle any type of winding up petition problem and keep your company trading if at all possible. We offer quick and effective winding up petition advice, whatever your situation. Don’t delay. Call now for a friendly consultation.