HomeFWJ TakeawayCompany rescueBusiness recovery and rescueWhere do you apply for a validation order?

If your company has been served with a winding up order - contact us for urgent advice. We can help obtain a validation order from the court - to allow your company to keep trading without risk.

An application for a validation order should be made to the same court that is dealing with the winding-up petition. For the high court, the validation order application is made to the Registrar; for county courts, it is made to the District judge.

In certain circumstances, the validation order application is made to the judge:

  • where it is urgent and no registrar or district judge is available to hear it;
  • where it is complex or raises new or controversial points of law; or
  • the hearing is expected to last longer than 30 minutes

Our expert team of company rescue and winding up petition solicitors at Francis Wilks & Jones are here to help you with if you have been served with a winding up petition you might need a validation order to continue trading. Contact one of our team now for your free and confidential consultation. Whatever your winding up petition requirements, we can help.

FWJ were very hands-on, getting involved from an early stage in seeking to avert an expensive set of litigation proceedings. I am more than happy to recommend their services, particularly when it comes to considering complicated issues or complex proceedings.

A client who was facing a liquidator claim for the improper withdrawal of sums from a company. We had the claim dismissed

Case studies

View all case studies

Contact us in confidence