It is possible to defend an HMRC winding up petition, but only with expert legal help. HMRC are well known for taking a tough approach with companies which owe them money. But our team of lawyers supported by an ex HMRC expert of 18 years can help you keep trading.
Dealing with a winding up order HMRC debt in the right way can help save your company. You want to avoid a winding up order being made because if a company is placed into formal liquidation, it can lead to
- an investigation against the former directors or managers;
- personal claims against former directors and managers for recovery of money;
- director disqualification claims.
Early advice is always the key.
You need expert winding up solicitors to help you through this process and avoid making mistakes.
- it might be that the debt was simply overlooked and can be paid. If this is the case then we can help you through that process and ensure that the winding up petition is formally dismissed from court.
- it might be that you need more time to pay the winding up order debt and we can help negotiate a time to pay arrangement with HMRC. If the debt is disputed in any way then we can deal with that aspect and look to agree a correct sum with HMRC.
- if HMRC are threatening to advertise the winding up petition we can consider whether an injunction is required to prevent the winding up order being advertised in the London Gazette.
- it may be that the company needs to continue trading to pay the debt. To do this you will need formal approval from the winding up court by way of a validation order as to do so otherwise can put the directors personally at risk if the company then goes into liquidation. We can help you through the validation order process whilst the HMRC winding up petition debt for taxes is dealt with.
Whatever the circumstances, at Francis Wilks & Jones we have the expertise to help.
Please contact one of our expert HMRC winding up petition lawyers now for your informal consultation. At Francis Wilks & Jones, we have significant winding up petition and company rescue experience and deal regularly with HMRC on behalf of various companies facing winding up orders. We have the skills to handle any type of winding up petition problem. Call now for a friendly consultation.