HomeFWJ TakeawayWinding up petitionsDefending a winding up petitionWinding up petition dissolved company

Winding up a dissolved company can be done via a special application to restore the company to the register. We can help you do this.

What if the company is already dissolved?

In order to wind up a company that has already been dissolved and removed from the Register of Companies, the petitioning creditor needs to file a winding up petition in a similar way to a normal ‘active’ company, but must confirm in the windy up petition that the company has been dissolved.

The petitioning creditor must then seek an order that the company is restored to the Register of Companies prior to it being wound up.

  • if a petitioning creditor wishes to wind up an already dissolved company, then copies of the winding up petition must also be served on the Treasury Solicitor or the solicitor for the Duchy or Cornwall or Duchy of Lancaster (as appropriate);
  • the petitioning creditor must also obtain a bona vacantia waiver letter confirming that the Crown has no interest in the company or its assets to allow the company to be wound up by the court.

Francis Wilks & Jones is the county’s leading firm of winding up petition solicitors. We are genuine experts in what we do and can assist in unusual situations including winding up a dissolved company. Contact us today for sound commercial advice.

Case studies

View all case studies

Contact us in confidence